Friday, October 27, 2006

Where'd Everyone Go?

The streets and bike paths are definitely less populated! I really like riding this time of year, the anticipation of the cold air is worse than the actual experience of riding in cold weather.

Valerie arrived last night and announced that she had been hit by a car on her way to class. She has a few bruises and I needed to true the rear wheel of her Bianchi, but otherwise she and bike are both fine. The driver actually stopped, which always surprises me. Valerie declined to file a report with the policeman who stopped - I think that is always a mistake - but she felt sure she was okay. ALWAYS FILE A REPORT AND/OR GET THE NAME & PLATE OF THE PERSON WHO HITS YOU! Really. Even if you think you are okay!






Roscoe got a new prototype track bike from his friends at Rocky Mountain Bicycles. The thing looks great - TIG welded steel frame, great looking paint, they sent the bike with a carbon road fork - my understanding is that the production fork will be different. Roscoe did a nice job with the build - I hope the folks at RM take a close look. I got to ride it around the block in the East Village last night - even though it is about 5 sizes too small, riding a new bike is always fun!


I noticed on the way home that not much had changed on the Williamsburg Bridge graffiti battle. Graffiti artists are still ahead!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home