Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Little Things


I love the little bicycle traffic lights on the west side bike path!

Work has slowed down a little bit and I was able to escape for a lunch time ride yesterday afternoon. I rode from my office to Joe's Pizza for lunch. Best slices in NYC! On the way there I saw my friend, Squid...riding the WRONG WAY up Fifth Ave. Squid gets a pass and can do no wrong. (But really, Kevin - shouldn't you be setting an example for all the young messengers out there...and for the KIDS!?)

Now and then you come up with a simple, obvious idea that makes life a little easier. I had the genius idea to start using the strap on my camera case - I leave the camera hanging around my neck and put the strap to my messenger bag over the camera bag straps to keep it from bouncing around while I ride. The big advantage is obvious - I can get to the camera much more quickly and don't have to fight it out of the messenger bag.



My new setup allowed me to get the shot above during a brief stop in my morning commute. I hit a red light at 23rd Street and 1st Avenue - it was early, so the streets don't look quite as crazy as usual.



I am excited about the upcoming weekend - the T-Town bicycle swapmeet is on Saturday and on Sunday there is an alleycat, Nyack to the Track, that promises to be great! I have to work out a trade for my Sunday work shift at the Park Slope Food Co-op so that I can do the race.

1 Comments:

Blogger roscoe said...

excellent linkage!

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home