Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Shorter Days


The days are shrinking! My ride home is definitely darker - there are spooky blind areas where all I can think about is whether I am about to roll into a pothole. Time to find my handlebar light.

My morning commute involved a small scare on the Williamsburg bridge. Workers were blocking both lanes on the Manhattan side of the bridge. They had set up just around a corner where the bike lane shifts from the edge of the bridge to the center. The workers had not set up any cones to alert people that the lanes were blocked. When I pointed this out and let them know, the first guy I talked to just shrugged his shoulders and walked off - the next guy actually promised to set up warnings and seemed angry that it had been overlooked.


I rode home down the west side highway, over the Brooklyn Bridge and into DUMBO where I stopped to snap a few pictures. I found this old carousel in a building on Water Street. The pictures don't quite capture how beautiful it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home