Sunday, October 15, 2006

C-C-COLD

A sure sign of the coming winter is the enormous gaps in the expansion joints of all the bridge bicycle paths. They are narrow, little slits all summer long and gradually stretch out to gaping ravines as the weather chills. This was the first weekend that I wanted long finger gloves - it is all downhill from now until March. No luck finding gloves in my size...again. XL just doesn't mean what it should when it comes to cycling gloves.

I have no idea what happened to the taxi in this picture, I saw it while riding in a cab to a meeting on the Upper East Side, I hope there isn't a bicycle under that thing.

There was a set of white wheels sitting around my apartment - they were built up for a bike that was vandalized (more on that later, I am waiting for the dust to settle in court). I put them on my Gan Well Pro keirin bike - I am still not sure I like them (don't let the sexy yellow background in this picture fool you). They look good but maybe not quite as nice as the silver rims I had on there before.



Taliah Lempert was set up at the DUMBO Arts Festival today. Seeing her made me happy, I ran into her last night as I was riding to Manhattan and she had been chased off by some bitchy organizer who claimed Taliah didn't have the right to sell her art on the street. An arts fair that doesn't want artists on the streets. Genius. Taliah did some research and discovered that it was, in fact, perfectly legal for her to be out there earning a living with her art as she has always done. I love it when people stand up for themselves like that! I bought this totally bitchin' tee shirt from her.



Roscoe and I took some pictures today, they are to accompany a review of cycling specific knickers I wrote for the Fixed Gear Gallery. We had a good time out in the alley shooting pics and riding each other's bikes, but it was a pain to email all those big photos - even zipped the files were quite large. I am wearing the wool cycling jersey that a group of us NYC riders custom ordered. Sashae, a friend of ours organized the whole order, collected the money and is now taking care of distributing all the jerseys. Thanks Sashae!


4 Comments:

Blogger roscoe said...

I need to get me one of those Mini U Locks if only to match my damn Firefly Orange Bike!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Roberto said...

yeah - it's just an accessory. They should make them in other colors, they would probably sell more.

6:10 PM  
Blogger Roberto said...

Hey Taliah - likewise, great seeing you! PTTP!

6:38 AM  
Blogger Jenny Blair said...

Is this one of the promised beefcake photos?

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home