Thursday, October 05, 2006

Soaked!


Jo, Kristen, and I worked on Kristen's new fixie commuter conversion last night. She bought an old Fuji 10 speed from Hal at Bicycle Habitat - it is going to be a great bike! I got to J* & X10's place and realized I had forgotten my bottom bracket tool at home - so I had to ride from Williamsburg back to the Navy Yard in light rain. We got the old BB out, put the new BB in, ate dinner, and watched Project Runway. (The above picture is J&K on a small bike adventure we had last summer - water taxi from Astoria to DUMBO.)

By the time the show ended it was pouring outside and I got thoroughly soaked riding home. The truth is, I love riding in the rain. It is so much better a game! You can stretch out skids for half a city block if you get some good speed going.




Nice morning riding - I took the scenic route to work: over the Brooklyn Bridge, up the west side bike path to Central Park, once around the park then down Broadway, through Times Square, to my office. Nice!


2 Comments:

Blogger roscoe said...

let's see the new bike!!

12:08 PM  
Blogger Roberto said...

When it is done!!! It's a Schwinn!

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home