Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I Feel Explosive!


Tuesday was a quiet day of riding for me. I rode in early again for a meeting. Early riding is good riding in NYC, the traffic is calm. One thing I love about Tuesday mornings is that the trash trucks are out all along the route that I take into the office. They smell terrible (this is less noticeable as the cool weather sets in) but they block a lot of traffic which means that as you pedal cross-town, the streets are virtually car free! And there is always something satisfying about zipping past the lines of honking cars trapped behind the busy trash truck.


I rode in over the Williamsburg Bridge, they have closed the north bike lane so I have to pedal up the south side ramp, which is much much steeper. The morning light is really nice and it is easy to stop noticing the spectacular view when you do this every day. My trip back to Brooklyn took me over the Brooklyn Bridge; I was heading to a restaurant, Kili, to meet some old friends for a drink. The evening light on the Brooklyn Bridge was lovely - a nice day's riding, bookended by two bridge views.

2 Comments:

Blogger roscoe said...

damn,
South Side of the bridge has me feeling out of shape!
welcome to blogworld!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Roberto said...

I know! and the down direction is really exciting with no brakes!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home