Friday, November 02, 2007

Harry Is Awesome!

This post is late in coming and I have few others to make - but I am going to try and do them in somewhat chronological order.
"First we flip your wheel and remove your brake"
I helped my co-worker's son, Harry learn to ride a bike late in the summer. Harry was doing pretty well by the time I got to him, but he couldn't quite ride without someone running beside him to grab the bars if he started to fall.

Harry, his mom (Patricia), and I all met up in Central Park on a weekend morning. The spot behind the Met is pretty good - a few sidewalks with light pedestrian traffic and a little chunk of the main loop.
It only took about 20 minutes for Harry to start riding on his own. We spent a little time working on how to stop without falling and then he just took off! He was riding 100 yards on his own in under half an hour. I haven't done that much running in years, being a cyclist. My feet hurt for the rest of the week.Harry got a new bell for his bike as a reward for bravery and progress.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jenny Blair said...

One more cyclist!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home