Saturday, June 16, 2007

JUST MISSED....

...owning an Alex Singer bicycle. Well - by about 50 years..but still. My parents were visiting for the weekend and my mom got to looking at my The Golden Age of Handbuilt Bicycles book.

She saw an Alex Singer in the book and said that she had one just like it when she was little. Her neighbor in Jacksonville, Florida had given it to her. The woman's husband had brought it back with him from Europe and the woman never rode it. My mom and her family thought it was made by the Singer Sewing Machine Company. Mom said that she rode it all over the place - it was black with shiny silver fenders.
I stopped by Cycles Alex Singer while in Paris. I got to talk to Mr. Csuka a little bit and spent about an hour oggling the beauties in the window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home